At Edenton Street United Methodist Church, we are constantly striving to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Our staff is no different.
Manager of Ministerial Operations
ESUMC is looking for a hub for our life together. We need someone who brings joy,consistency and efficiency to our team as we are in a season of robust reconfiguration and realignment. Critical traits are:
- Loves people (both the church type and the not so churchy type)
- Energized by creating and executing systems that function
- Smiles when checklists gets checks all over them
- Prefers working with a team
- Balances flexibility (in a dynamic process of creating things) and consistency (in helping maintain rhythms and patterns once they are established)
- Multi-everything is your love language (we are a big place, and there’s a little bit of everything)
- Loves people (I know it’s in here twice, but it’s kind of a big deal around here)
In this position, the Manager of Ministerial Operations will support the clergy, staff, congregation members, volunteer leaders, and others to ensure a positive and efficient working atmosphere. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have strong interpersonal skills and a strong ability to prioritize. The position will deal with private information and must maintain confidentiality at all times.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a direct support to the Senior Pastor, along with supporting all worship teams
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Responsible for developing, administering, and promoting specific projects including bulletin, newsletter, mailings and any other communication needed
- Schedule, coordinate and anticipate meetings and appointments for Senior Pastor
- Coordinate church-wide calendar and facility use requests
- Provide back up to front desk, answering telephones, greeting and assisting members and visitors, serving as a welcoming face and voice
- Ensure timely submission of required NCCUMC reports by coordinating input from responsible staff and clergy
- Serve as database administrator for member information in the Church Management System (currently ACS). Responsible for accurate and timely updates to member information as well as writing reports and data extraction as required.
- Maintain electronic filing system
- Order supplies; maintain office equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the clergy and other leaders
Required and desired qualifications:
- High School diploma required; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 2+ years of hands on administrative support experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal communication, relationship building, and collaboration
- Must be a self-starter with an innovative approach to administration and a keen eye for detail
- Outstanding organizational and prioritizations with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Ability to occasionally shift work hours as needed
This position is non-exempt and will be paid overtime for any hours worked over 40 per week.
Review of applications will start immediately with a priority date for application to be received by April 19th. Position start date is flexible but hopeful for May 2021 or as soon as possible. Please submit a resume, cover letter and the names, email addresses and phone numbers of 3 references to the Search Committee via email @ email@example.com.