We invite you to join our communion in the practice of shared rhythms that we hope will create space for us to be with Jesus, become like Jesus, and do what Jesus did. These practices include daily prayer, weekly worship and discipleship, and serving together monthly.
To serve together monthly, we are forming Community Engagement Teams, which are teams of people serving around shared passion areas the first week of each month. We would love for you to join a Community Engagement Team!
Why are we doing this?
To engage in holistic mission while being in community with one another and our neighbors.
When do we serve?
Starting in October, Community Engagement Teams will serve the first week of each month as part of our churchwide rhythms. If you’re in an Edenton Street small group, your group will not meet on the week you serve together.
How do I get involved?
Join an existing Community Engagement Team, or form a new one.
Current teams include:
- L’Arche NC
- Monthly meetups and community building with people with and without disabilities – meetups include bowling, going to museums, games, etc.
- 1st Sunday of the month at 3:30 -5:00 p.m.
- Contact Katie
- Learning Together Developmental Day Center
- Reading to little ones
- 1st Monday of the month, 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Contact Renae
- L’Arche NC
- FUNtastic Thursdays – games and community fun with people with and without disabilities
- 1st Thursday of the month in Bulla, new time TBD for January
- Contact coming
- Family Promise
- Ice cream & games with families who are temporarily experiencing homelessness
- 1st Thursday, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Contact Robin
- New Bern House
- Serving lunch and being in fellowship with neighbors facing housing insecurity
- 1st Saturday of the month, 10:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Contact Rob
- Murphy School Apartments
- Food & fellowship with older adults
- 3rd Saturday of the month, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Contact Patt
- Brentwood Boys & Girls Club
- Monthly birthday parties for the kids
- Contact Laura
Want to form a new team? Contact Renae to get started.